RMN – Day and Night Shifts available
There are a variety of shift patterns including weekdays and weekends, days (8am – 8pm) and nights (8pm – 8am) available.
At The Uplands, we excel in re-enablement and rehabilitation of the elderly. This position is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious, career minded nurse who puts privacy, dignity and personal choice at the heart of their practice.
The Uplands is an independent, family run home for people who need Nursing and Dementia Care. Our focus is to ensure we provide the highest standards of care to our residents, and their ongoing welfare, comfort and needs are central to how we run our home. We want our home to be a home in the truest sense, and we are committed to making our residents feel at home from the outset.
Main Duties of our Nurses
- Engage in nurse care planning and implementation of care plans.
- Liaise with residents’ families and friends in planning, implementing and reviewing care plans.
- Work closely with other members of the care team, ensuring that effective, high-quality care is given to achieve planned goals.
- Provide support and professional supervision to other care staff as appropriate.
- Administer and order medicines as required in accordance with residents’ needs
- Liaise with residents’ GPs and other healthcare professionals such as Pharmacy’s, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, community nurses, etc.
- To undertake any other duties as required by line management
- You will be joining a very fast paced and busy Nursing Home that has a dedicated team of forward-thinking professionals. Do you have the skills to join this dynamic team, providing the highest standard of care for all? You will have attention to detail and you will bring a high level of professionalism to each and every shift. We thrive on seeing all our staff progress and in return for your commitment can offer progression into Senior Management, provided you are the right candidate. Newly Qualified nurses are welcome to apply.
Skills and Experience:
- RGN/RNM registered with the NMC
- High level of written and spoken English,
- Excellent understanding of the following: Administration of medications, Safe storage of medication, Appropriate treatments and documenting accordingly, Awareness of clinical policy framework
- Enhanced DBS required
- Passionate about improving patients’ quality of life and have a dynamic, positive approach to providing safe and effective care
- Able to work well both autonomously and within a multi-disciplinary team
- Mental Capacity Act
What we offer you
- Starting salary of £16 per hour, plus enhancements for nights and weekends
- Comprehensive induction training
- Free ongoing training and development, paid time for training.
- Clinical training updates
- Supportive management team
- Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme
- Paid breaks
- Free uniform
- Perkbox giving access to over 200 exclusive discounts and offers from leading brands
If you think you are up to the challenge of being one of our dedicated, hard-working team, please get in touch in the following ways:
Please forward your up-to-date CV to HR@marchescare.co.uk
Or see our website to download an application form: https://www.marchescare.co.uk/careers/application-form/
or get in touch by phone, in person or via email and return to the address on the Application Form.
How To Apply
Please download and complete our application form. You can then either:
A) Scan your application and submit it using the form below; or
B) Hand/post to: Marches Care Limited, Clayton Way, Bicton Heath, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY3 8GA