The Uplands Care Home is looking for:
A Kitchen Orderly to work 28 hours per week, scheduled over 7 days to include weekends, bank holidays, Christmas and New Year Working.
You will be asked to:
- Have the ability to organise your own work.
- Be friendly, cheerful and approachable.
- Have a professional appearance and manner
- Enhanced DBS disclosure will be required
Some of the duties required will be:
- General kitchen duties i.e. cleaning fridges, disposing of old stock, completing temperature charts, restocking of units.
- General dining room duties i.e. laying, waiting at and clearing tables.
- Transporting of meals to dining room and other eating locations as required.
- Washing-up of all items used in the kitchen area and maintaining cooking and storage areas in a clean and tidy state in line with cleaning schedules.
- Liaising with residents as to their choice of food for the next day, remembering the types of food each resident is required to have.
This is an opportunity to join a friendly and supportive Catering Team where a good sense of humour is a must, fundamentally within the kitchen but also with the rest of the Home Team and the residents themselves.
Good communication skills are essential in order to plan and provide nutritious and interesting meals which meet the expectations of residents.
Full training will be given, although a knowledge of Food Hygiene Procedures, and experience of working in a busy environment would be an advantage.
In return we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- On top of your Holiday allowance, we offer an extra day “birthday leave”
- Full on the job Training & Development opportunities
- Free Staff Uniform
- Paid breaks and subsidised meals
- Employee Benefits package (after completion of 6 months’ probation)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
You can apply by contacting our HR Department on 01743 282040 for an application form, which can be sent either by post or email
The Uplands Care Home, Bicton Heath, Shrewsbury SY3 8GA
Salary: £8.80 per hour
How To Apply
Please download and complete our application form, and hand/post to:
The Uplands Care Home, Clayton Way, Bicton Heath, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY3 8GA