Assistant Cook (Temporary)
Assistant Cook – Temporary – Maternity Cover – 40hrs/wk
Required by Marches Care Ltd delivering high standards to residents by providing nutritious, varied and well balanced meals that are safely and hygienically prepared and served. Responsible for supervising the catering team when required. You will be in regular contact with outside suppliers when organizing and ordering food produce for the home so good communication skills and a courteous manner are needed. Preferable experience in Care Home setting, and experience of IDDSI
- To plan, prepare and cook a variety of meals which are appealing, nutritious and centre around residents’ preferences, requests or any dietary requirements.
- To be active and encouraging, provide advice and guidance for the team ensuring that Marches Care is a friendly and supportive working environment.
- To understand and comply with statutory and legal requirements such as HACCP, Health & Safety, COSHH, Environmental Health ensuring a safe environment within the Home.
- To implement, monitor and maintain cleaning schedules that meet the requirements of the Food Safety Manual, and ensure that all areas of the kitchen are immaculately clean. This will include the washing up of pots, pans and dishes when required.
- To ensure sufficient food stocks are ordered and received from approved suppliers and that stock rotation is taking place to maintain optimum freshness of all foodstuffs ensuring the highest quality expected within Marches Care.
- To be understanding towards residents and their needs and discuss menu choices with them.
- To monitor regularly and assess residents’ satisfaction with the catering service provided in the Home.
- Formal supervision of catering employees.
How To Apply
Please download and complete our application form, and hand/post to:
The Uplands Care Home, Clayton Way, Bicton Heath, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY3 8GA