Are you a positive, confident, happy person looking for work?
Do you want to work in an environment where no two days are the same, you will constantly make people smile and go home knowing you had a huge positive influence on another human being…
Come join us at The Uplands we are looking for an Activities Coordinator
- To develop and plan programs, outings and events, staffing the events and overseeing the implementation of activities. Ensure the programme reflects the current population of the services’ wishes and preferences
- To support and enable Residents to access social networks and maintain personal interests in accordance with best practice, agreed standards, legislation and within the financial budget
- To maintain skills at a current level, undertake such training and development as required from time-to-time to maintain and progress knowledge
- To Organise and plan activity programmes reflecting Resident’s preferences
- Produce newsletter to inform Residents and their relative/friends what’s going on
- Support Residents to access internet and communication such as letter writing, Skype and FaceTime
- Plan events within allocated budget
- Ensure Residents are at the heart of events and programmes to enhance their wellbeing
Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of those individuals they support
Flexible Working Hours
You will be asked to:
- Be friendly, cheerful and approachable.
- Have a flexible attitude, in a fast-paced environment.
- Have a professional appearance and caring manner.
- Enhanced DBS disclosure will be required which will be paid for by Marches Care Ltd
- Excellent communication skills are essential
- Competitive Salary, pension conduction and holiday entitlements
- Comprehensive induction and onboarding programme
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Ongoing training and development
- Free uniform
- Free car parking on site in quiet rural location
- Perkbox discounts after probation period
- Extra day off for your Birthday
How To Apply
Please download and complete our application form. You can then either:
A) Scan your application and submit it using the form below; or
B) Hand/post to: Marches Care Limited, Clayton Way, Bicton Heath, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY3 8GA